Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good Days

I have many, MANY good days. They outnumber the bad days by a long shot. When I open my eyes and the sun is shining - that is a good day. Even if I physically don't feel great I know I can at least sit outside and soak in the warmth and the light. Then there are the days when I have enough energy to clean my house and run errands - those days are beyond good - they are fantastic. I also have unbelievable days when I can take a long walk, have lunch with people I cherish and settle into bed at night knowing I will sleep well.

Little things that I used to let bother me don't anymore. Things like taxes, or allergies. I don't worry about the small stuff as much - like what to wear or if my floor is clean.

I challenge you to see the good in every single day. We are all allowed bad days but I believe they like to multiply like rabbits if you let them get a hold of you. I try not to give them much weight - I acknowledge them for what they are and move on. Bills are just a piece of paper. Sore throats come and go. The laundry will be there again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love the good days. I'm glad you are having one.

Michaela said...

I couldnt agree more! If something goes wrong, my 1st thought is, 'dont let this ruin your whole day'. Most of us have so much to be grateful for: clean water, enough food, education, a safe home. But somehow, small problems grow out of proportion. I once had a friend who got irate because she couldnt find the right bathroom tiles for her renovation. I had a hard time finding any sympathy for her! LOL.