Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly.....

The good - I had an ultrasound today and my tumors have all shrunk by at least 2mm. Very, very good!

The bad - I spent last night with the most excruciating tooth ache. That kind of pain goes straight to the core and kept me up for most of the night. That leads me to....

The ugly - I went to the dentist this afternoon needing to take care of whatever was wrong before chemo tomorrow. I had a chipped tooth and he repaired it - I am still quite numb so we will see how I feel when the novicaine wears off. I am looking quite ugly right now but thankful the pain is gone.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Hooray! That's great on both fronts - I'm glad the dentist was able to fix your tooth today and that you're on your way to pain-free sleep tonight. Great news!!!

Crash said...

such great news about those stinkin' tumors! how did you chip a tooth? so sorry, but glad it's taken care of before tomorrow. hugs to you!

Crash said...

this is joy, btw.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I was just pressing the "Next Blog" button a while ago, and I came across your blog. You're quite inspiring! You give me some hope. Actually I just found out recently my boyfriend has throat cancer.
And last night my French teacher's wife passed away from cancer of the lymph nodes. I'm sure why I'm saying this, I suppose I just wanted to say hello?
Good luck! And no, you wouldn't be ugly. I'm sure you're beautiful. My French teacher's daughter actually shaved her head for the World's Greatest Shave! She isn't even 13 yet! She's such a brave little girl!
See? We should never lose hope! Hope can be found under all the tiny little things.

Double Dutch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Double Dutch said...

I came across your blog pressing the next button..............I hope today went as well as it could and I will pray for you to have more and more good days.You are incredible keep fighting i'm rooting for you.
Jodie xx