Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Idea

So I was thinking - it seems pretty strange to me that half of our country (at least) is overweight and then there is a large percentage of people - especially children - that go hungry each day. Not a good balance. So, my idea when I am back on track to to start a group - a walking group or bootcamp group (some sort of fitness) and charge $3 -$5 a time to come. All proceeds would be donated to feeding the hungry. I would gladly donate my time to this cause. I figure many of us want to lose weight but have trouble motivating ourselves and if we just take our latte $$ and help others at the same time we are helping ourselves it is a win/win situation. What do you think? Would people come?

6 comments:

Sally said...

I would if I lived closer! It's amazing how much food banks can do with a little $$ - $5 could feed way more people than you think. I think it's a great idea, and I wish I could join!!!

D said...

ok, i may COMPLETELY regret stating this here tonight...but if it's not dancing (i.e. humiliating myself in public), i MIGHT just do this! at least i could say it was for multiple good causes! ;D helping out others and getting my own booty in shape! cuz i've always said that i'm one of those people that needs a motivator to get me to workout! keep me posted! :)

Michaela said...

Lol - I had the exact same idea! Earlier this year I set up a group called Fit & Crazy. I invited about 100 women off my email list (from local schools mainly). I announce events and whoever can make it, does. We do fitness events such as walks, bike rides, canoeing etc (its on my blog). Once we are in the swing of it, I will make it a fundraising thing. Yee-ha!

SHEP said...

That is a great idea. I will have to check back and see how this goes for you. If you are seeing good results, maybe I could do something like this. I started a blog in January about my weight loss journey. So this idea really speaks volumes to me.

Shep fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this idea! Maybe we can start boot camps all over the country, like a club/network of boot camps that donate to a specific charity or something that directly donates to the hungry- and/or... we could all make sandwiches together and then walk around (being fit) and give them to the hungry people in our cities...

The Bladerunner said...

Put me down as on of your Groupies!
I would love to participate and love to help if you need a hand!