Thursday, April 29, 2010

I feel a change a comin'

and I don't think it is just me. I feel like we are on the verge of a world changing event. It is time don't you think? We need to blur the lines that seem to be seeping into every corner lately. The lines between rich and poor, conservative and liberal, old and young, black and white, sick and well. I feel like soon we will bond together as humans. I don't think this change will be wrapped in a pretty package though. Kind of like my life changing event was packaged in "cancer" paper. It might be an earthquake or climate change but I think God is sick and tired of hearing us complain and complain about every tiny, little thing. I think He wants to wake us up. I don't think this is what He had planned when He gave us this life and this beautiful world. I think He wants more from us. I think we should want more from ourselves.

2 comments:

Sally said...

You're the second person I know in 3 days to mention a major earthquake. Hmmmm....

Larissa said...

Hi! I jumped over here from Joy's blog. I love this post and I hope you're right! I feel a little bit of the same anticipation. Hard but good.